Saturday, December 21, 2013

From The "Great Minds Think Alike" Department: Pearl Izumi P.R.O. Aero Gloves, Team BMC & Me.

 Philippe Gilbert, 2013. Graham Watson Photo

Taylor Phinney, 2013. Graham Watson Photo

Darryl Bustamante, 2012. Helen Blum Photo

It was a nice surprise to see Team BMC embrace the Pearl Izumi P.R.O. Aero Glove this season, as I had been testing (and using) them since last year.  Besides, as soon as Pearl Izumi came out with these gloves in 2012, well, I just had to have a pair.  I mean, they looked so cool, pro's were already using these types of gloves in Time Trials (so, I figured they had to be good for the road), and they came in red!  What was not to like?

I used to be of the mind that thicker padded gloves were the way to go, however,  I have completely moved away from so-called "Regular" style cycling gloves, and I now have a stable of "Aero" gloves in my drawer.  I like the snuggness, excellent tactile qualities, and lack of bunching in the palms that regular gloves seem to always exhibit.  And, even though the P.R.O.'s have zero padding in the palms, I have not really noticed that fact while out slaying the battlefield grade roads of Southern California.

As for the coolness factor, it was nice to see the pros take-after the amateurs for a change instead of the other way around when it comes to equipment.

Clicky for Pearl Izumi's website.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all this information and perspective for free. I had a request, if you don't mind, would you please check out my post on top bicycling gloves.This would mean a lot to me. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete